We all know a stepmom’s role is unusual. And whether you’re called “stepmonster” or “bonus mom”, the role is much more complicated than any name you’ve got.
It can be a constant struggle to let go of the anger caused by tough family dynamics. So we decided we would lighten things up and have some fun. We put together a list of stepmom quotes for you. Some are fun, some are serious, but we hope you enjoy them all.
We’ll also add these to our social media – if you’ve got stepmom quotes of your own, please tag us! And if you’re a stepmom and haven’t joined our private Facebook group, we’d love to have you! It’s a growing community that provides support, positivity, and resources for stepmammas like you. Join us and let’s grow together!
Stepmom Quotes That Ring Truer Than True
1. This just says it all. Love, bumpy roads, family. Each one is totally unique.
Have you listened to The Stepmom Diaries yet? If not, head HERE and check it out!
2. StepMom Magazine has some awesome gems. And it’s a great resource for stepmoms. This quote makes me want to stand up just a little taller.
3. For anyone who looks at a kid with stepparents with pity for their situation, think about this. While no one grows up wanting to get divorced or have complicated dynamics, there can be a real upside if all the parents put the kids first.
4. I feel this way about all four of my stepkids. I fell in love with them when I first met them. The road is sometimes bumpy and often complicated, but I would do anything for them.
5. Come on, ladies, am I right? Stepmoms can be such an awesome influence on their kids. Although we’ve often been more associated with the wicked witch, I think we’re more like fairy godmothers!
6. Amen to this. I’m always careful to add the “step” in front of kids when I talk about them, lest anyone think I’m trying to take their mom’s place. But whatever it’s called, the fact is, we are family.
Head HERE to download our TOTALLY FREE tips to dealing with a high-conflict bio mom!
7. This is some truth. No one dreams about becoming a stepmom. But it’s been the most fulfilling role I’ve ever had, and I’d bet there are thousands and thousands of women out there who would agree with me.
8. Can I get another Amen? Co-parenting is super hard. And can be very contentious. But if the adults can all remember that they’re all on the side of the kids, then success is achievable.
9. This is one of the downsides of step-parenting but it does resonate. It’s hard to come to terms with the fact that as a stepmom, you’ll do all the work of parenting, but somehow when the kids are successful, it’s because their biological parents raised them well.
10. When a mom gives birth, the love for her child begins at that moment and never ceases. Stepmoms? You come in and love and care for kids who you didn’t give birth to. Knowing you’ll always come in second to mom. I see you and you really are special.
11. I love this quote. Kids can often feel torn between loving biological parents and stepparents. But they shouldn’t. And they shouldn’t feel like they have to choose. There’s no reason they can’t love all their parents – and parents, step or biological, should let them.
12. Ain’t this the truth? Even if you don’t see us as fairy godmothers (see #5), we certainly aren’t all wicked!
13. I love this one, from a kid’s perspective. Just shows how meaningful a close bond with your stepkids can be.
I hope you enjoyed these stepmom quotes – and that they ring true. I sure had fun assembling and writing them. And to all the stepmom’s out there: stand tall, stay strong, and live well. You deserve all the good things!
P.S. Do you have a hard time getting along with your stepchildren’s bio mom? Click HERE and I’ll send you my FREE quick and easy tips to deal with a high-conflict bio mom!