I’m so glad you stopped by! This Custom Life is a place to help you build your best family, home, and work life.
I am a corporate politico in the Washington, D.C. area who writes on the side. I’ve spent close to 20 years advancing my career while trying to create a beautiful home and a full life, and one of my passions has always been to help others do the same. That’s where the idea for This Custom Life came from!
I grew up in the south and I’ve always been a “connector.” I introduce friends to other friends because I want the people in my life to all know one other. I share with friends and coworkers everything from the names of businesses and services I love to great deals and my favorite books and recipes. And like most gals, I love to share experiences. I want to know what my friends are struggling with or celebrating, and I want to share the same with them.
You name it – whether its businesses, products or people, I love to connect my friends to my “finds.” It makes me so happy when I hear that something I have shared has made even a small difference in a friend’s life!
No matter how messy, chaotic or cluttered our lives can be, each day is our own personal adventure and contributes to the original patchwork of our journey. I hope my experiences, recommendations, successes (and failures!) will help you create the best family, home, and work life you can.
Thanks for visiting – please stay in touch!
A Few Fun Facts About Me:
- I’m a military wife. I am married to the most wonderful man and have four amazing step children, along with my spoiled animals, Charlie the dog and Buster the cat.
- I grew up in northern Florida and my family hails from the Carolinas and Georgia.
- I am a passionate South Carolina Gamecock.
- I graduated from Emory Law School in Atlanta, but never practiced.
- I have worked on Capitol Hill and as a lobbyist in Washington, D.C. for almost 20 years.
- I believe we are all obligated to give back to our communities. In the D.C. area, I served as President of the Junior League of Washington, chaired Taste of the South, chaired corporate fundraising for the Trust for the National Mall, and am currently on the board of Bright Beginnings.
- I love adventure travel. I’ve hiked Kilimanjaro, gone diving in Bora Bora, spent nights under the stars in Namibia, ridden elephants in Thailand, and been cage diving (snorkeling, really) with great white sharks in South Africa. I’ve been to six continents – Australia is the only one I have yet to visit!
Please feel free to write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I love getting emails from readers!