Work With Me
Advertising and Partnerships
I love working with brands and businesses and am happy to create partnerships of all shapes and sizes.
I am open to the following partnerships with like-minded brands – and am open to your ideas to create amazing content for my readers!
- Sponsored Resort and Destination Visits (see below)
- Sponsored Posts
- Brand Ambassadorship
- Freelance writing
- Event Appearance and Live Social Sharing
- Speaker Engagements
- Instagram Takeovers
For more information on any of the above, including current availability, rates, or a media kit, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At This Custom Life, I do review products and services, and will occasionally accept fees to write a sponsored post. If you are interested in a sponsored post, please contact me at email@example.com and use “Sponsored Post” in the subject line.
Please note that all sponsored posts will mention they are sponsored posts in accordance with FTC regulations. Usually this means it will end with a byline such as, “This blog post was sponsored by (Name).”
Fees for sponsored posts are negotiated on a case-by-case basis. The terms of any partnership must not be disclosed to any third-party. It’s strictly against our policy.
If you want me to do a sponsored post it will include a disclosure and a no follow link. This is non-negotiable.
I am open to offers of free accommodation, travel, and travel experiences, in return for promotion on my website.
If you send me a product or invite me on a trip, the understanding is that if I don’t like it, I won’t write about it. If I write about it, I like it. If I don’t like it I will contact with reasons why, as it is possible the problem could be rectified.
Trust and authenticity are super important to me. I will not intentionally mislead my readers, so I will only accept sponsored posts that will provide value to my content and my readers.
I enjoy linking with other blogs and sites to feature their work and have my content featured. Here are some guidelines for linking to This Custom Life:
- Photos– You may use one (1) photo from my post on your site if the photo is appropriately credited to This Custom Life and links directly back to the This Custom Life post you are featuring. The photo should not be able to be pinned or shared with your site as the original source.
- Text and Recipes– You may NOT use my original, unedited text other than the post title or recipe title.
- Free Printables– All materials on This Custom Life are copyright protected by the laws of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). You may not share any of my free printable files or link to the files on your blog, website, or by email. You may only link to the post featuring the free printable.
How This Custom Life Links to Blogs – I occasionally link to blogs that I find especially interesting and informative. These are simple links. If you do not wish to be included in a post with a link to your site, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will remove the link. It is my intention to highlight your quality, informative work and not to infringe on any copyright protections.
Please email me for further information or clarification about these policies at email@example.com.
Would you like to guest post on This Custom Life? I’d love to have you! Here’s what I’m looking for: I am open to posts that contain any information useful for my readers. I welcome posts created out of your own personal experiences. Submissions should be related to one of the categories or topics featured on This Custom Life: blogging, family life, travel, career, volunteer work, home-making and entertaining. There is no minimum length for your post, but I would prefer something over 500 words.
- Please note that not all submitted posts will be published. Your post must contain high-quality writing, original concepts and compelling arguments.
- Your post must not have been published elsewhere previously.
- The article should reflect the writing style/tone of This Custom Life.
- You’ll agree to promote the post on your social media channels and email list. I hope you’ll share the post like crazy, but you may not publish it anywhere else (i.e., in your own blog or as a guest post in other blogs)
- You can include one link in the byline, which will be displayed at the bottom of the post.
- Please properly attribute data, quotations and any outside content referenced in the article.
- Please don’t submit the following:
- Anything that’s been covered on This Custom Life before. Please do a search of the site before submitting.
- Anything that may be construed as a link-building scheme.
- Anything that is too blatantly promotional for your company or organization.
- Anything offensive or inaccurate.
- Anything overly critical of individuals or companies – sorry, that’s just not what I do here.
- Anything with embedded affiliate links.
How to submit your post
If you have a post that meets the guidelines above, you can send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Guest Post Submission.”
Please include the following:
- The complete post in the body of the email itself, or as a .doc attachment.
- Any image files (with attribution) in a separate folder. For reference, our blog is 669px(???) wide.
- Short author bio including a max of one anchor text link to your own website.
The not so fine print:
- Submissions must meet This Custom Life’s quality standards in order to get published.
- We reserve the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- We reserve the right to include calls-to-action to This Custom Life content, including but not limited to any email newsletters, ebooks, and other downloadable content.