The Versatile Blogger Award
I’ve just been blogging for a couple of months now, so it really warmed my heart when I discovered that one of my fellow bloggers had not only noticed my blog but had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! I have worked hard these first few months to “put myself out there” not just through my writing but also by getting to know other bloggers and working to get the blog noticed. I’ve been amazed at how supportive the blogger community is.
Now for the full disclosure: Near as I can tell, the VBA is not an “actual” award. No certificate, no trophy, no leg lamp (just keep on reading if you don’t get that reference).
So why am I bothering to write this post if it’s not a real “thing”? Because it is actually a “real” thing. It’s a wonderful way that bloggers lift each other up and pay it forward to encourage each other. When there is so much “dog eat dog” mentality in the workplace and life in general, isn’t it nice to have a mechanism to perpetuate positivity? And to support others instead of compete against them?
As a brand new blogger, it is still scary every time I hit the “publish” button on a new post. My friends and family tell me they like the blog, but that’s their job, right? It is wonderful to get this feedback from other bloggers who have been on this journey much longer.
The Versatile Blogger Award does actually have some criteria and rules when you’re nominated, so here goes:
The Versatile Blogger Award Criteria
From the Versatile Blogger Award website, the following criteria are suggested:
“When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, and the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.”
The Versatile Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Link to the blog of the person who nominated you.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 more bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Thank you so much to Cindy Moore, of Cindy Goes Beyond for the nomination. Her blog is a courageous journey to live a life of adventure beyond limitations and outside of comfort zones. I really appreciate the vote of confidence and the support from her!
Seven Facts About Me
- I wrote my first short story in the sixth grade. It was told from the perspective of my cat.
- I was a creative writing major but put my pen aside for the better part of twenty years while I focused on my career.
- Travel is one of my great loves. I’ve visited six of the seven continents. Australia, whenever I can get there, will be the last one.
- I got married in my early forties (to my greatest great love) and am stepmomma to four awesome kids. It’s a complicated, wonderful life.
- My kitchen was recently featured on Martha Stewart’s site. And yes – I freaked out when I saw it!
- I am a die-hard South Carolina Gamecock.
- I love to hike with my husband, although we don’t go nearly as much as either of us like.
Now, it’s my turn to nominate other bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award. What follows is a list of diverse, wonderful blogs. All run by women who have put themselves out there to find joy, inspire others, and make a difference. Here they are, I hope you’ll check them all out!
Blogging has been an incredible journey so far and I am constantly surprised and encouraged by the support and camaraderie of my fellow bloggers. I am so thankful these tribes have welcomed and supported me. And real award or not, I hope we can all pay it forward even just a little bit every day.
Lovely to get to know more about you through your 7 facts. And your kitchen featured on Martha Stewart’s site…WOW! I’m looking forward to watching your journey unfold.
Thanks so much, Cindy!! 🙂