Would you like to guest post on This Custom Life? I’d love to have you! Here’s what I’m looking for: I am open to posts that contain any information useful for my readers. I welcome posts created out of your own personal experiences. Submissions should be related to one of the categories or topics featured on This Custom Life: blogging, family life, travel, career, volunteer work, home-making and entertaining. There is no minimum length for your post, but I would prefer something over 500 words.
- Please note that not all submitted posts will be published. Your post must contain high-quality writing, original concepts and compelling arguments.
- Your post must not have been published elsewhere previously.
- The article should reflect the writing style/tone of This Custom Life.
- You’ll agree to promote the post on your social media channels and email list. I hope you’ll share the post like crazy, but you may not publish it anywhere else (i.e., in your own blog or as a guest post in other blogs)
- You can include one link in the byline, which will be displayed at the bottom of the post.
- Please properly attribute data, quotations and any outside content referenced in the article.
- Please don’t submit the following:
- Anything that’s been covered on This Custom Life before. Please do a search of the site before submitting.
- Anything that may be construed as a link-building scheme.
- Anything that is too blatantly promotional for your company or organization.
- Anything offensive or inaccurate.
- Anything overly critical of individuals or companies – sorry, that’s just not what I do here.
- Anything with embedded affiliate links.
How to submit your post
If you have a post that meets the guidelines above, you can send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Guest Post Submission.”
Please include the following:
- The complete post in the body of the email itself, or as a .doc attachment.
- Any image files (with attribution) in a separate folder. For reference, our blog is 669px(???) wide.
- Short author bio including a max of one anchor text link to your own website.
The not so fine print:
- Submissions must meet This Custom Life’s quality standards in order to get published.
- We reserve the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- We reserve the right to include calls-to-action to This Custom Life content, including but not limited to any email newsletters, ebooks, and other downloadable content.